Nice days are Daisy days, wet days are Cherry days…………

The lovely man who the bf rents his workshop from, has let us extend it.

And now the extension is finished (it took the bf and his bro a weekend or two to do it), it means that Cherry can now live indoors…..very happy days!

This weekend was lovely, the first time since September that we have been able to work on her.  As she was living outside, and the gazebo we had fell apart in the high winds over  the last few months, it wasn’t easy to do anything with her.

The bf is frustrated with her, as her build quality is shocking, and it is 1 step forward 6 steps back every time, but we will get there, and I have total faith in him.

This weekend, I made progress in removing the expanding foam from inside her doors…..they used it everywhere……it took all day yesterday to get it out…..a nightmare……

But we can now make progress on her.

Her being inside also means that when we get a nice day, we can go out in Daisy, rather than trying to get stuff done outside on Cherry.

Soooo………in the spring/summer/autumn, nice days are Daisy days, wetdays are Cherry days…..


Cherry has seats…..

Sooo…..the bf bid for and won some seats for Cherry on eBay.

Pretty they are (the photo doesn’t do them justice). The colour is dark red going to a pink….perfect for her and the colour we want her to be. The bonus is that these seats are from the 1980’s so perfect age for her too. We’re slowly gathering bits for her, just need some nice weather to work on her as she’s outside…..


Work delayed…..

Due to the low life scum who broke into the workshop, work on Cherry is now delayed.

The bf was in the process of fixing the chassis, but Duttons are perfectly imperfect, so nothing is square.

I was making a mould for the dashboard.  And getting ready to start fibre glassing her.

So until we have more tools………..


We seemed to get nowhere fast…..

Sunday was one of those days where we seemed to get nowhere fast with Cherry, messing about getting the engine in just the right place, so we can start on the engine mounts (we’re not even sure we’ll be using this particular engine – we don’t know if it works!).  The idea is to get them in place first then rebuild the chassis once we know what space we have to play with.  Not sure if I mentioned before, but the previous owner(s) have hacked chucks of the chassis out, so it has got to be rebuilt.

But we’re getting there……..


Cherry is the next project……

As I’ve mentioned in previous ramblings, the bf has completed his kit car. After 8 years of hard work, Daisy (named as such because she was a bit of a cow during the build, and she is white & black) is finally registered and on the road……we had our first trip out the other evening…amazing!

So….he decided that he needed another project…..

The new project is Cherry (The bf says she’s mine).  She’s a Dutton Legerra.  We’ve been told that there are only 60 in existence in the world, so she’s pretty rare.  She’s a beautiful dark metallic red, and she needs a lot of work doing to her, more than we thought!

The journey with Cherry started a few months ago, the guy selling her, put her on eBay, and she didn’t sell.  He put her up for sale again, cheaper and on local kit car club facebook pages.  The bf did consider her before, but decided she was too  expensive.

This time, we hooked Rosie up to a trailer, and headed the hour or so to the guy, to get her (an interesting experience, I’d never towed before, and the bf couldn’t because of his age) .  I can say it was love on first meeting, she is so pretty. So within a couple of hours and handing over a little more cash, we came away with a Cherry, couple of engines and various other bits and pieces that may or may not be useful!

And so the restoration of Cherry has begun…..the bf did bits while I was away at Silverstone.  And this weekend, it all properly started….(it wasn’t Daisy weather, she’s got no roof or windscreen!)  He needs to rebuild the front of the car chassis, due to the various pervious owners, cutting bits out and doing dodgy repairs.  So to enable him to get this right, we spent most of yesterday afternoon, getting soaked in the rain and drying off in the sun, putting in an engine and gear box, to make sure it would fit, and to see what other modifications we are going to need to do to her….tired was not the word last night!

We were hoping that she would be up and running by next summer, but from the work that needs doing to her (all outside too, I must add, no space in Daisy’s workshop for her) we think it may be a couple of years…….also it depends on the weather.  The deal was that he could have a new project, as long as we got to enjoy Daisy.  So weekends like this one (wet and sunny) weren’t Daisy days, I’m hoping that next weekend will be!!